Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let there be light!

After a year of planning, and a few months of scrambling, a project that has SO MUCH potential is about to be left in the dark.

Do you hear that noise?

It's too dark to see clearly, but you may just be able to hear steam whistling from my ears.

I work in a museum that has been under construction for a year now. And for about the same amount of time I've been working on a project that involves local artists designing artworks for display cases we've built into the new part of the museum. Of course, it's been a little tricky since the artists have had to design stuff to fit into cases that none of us had ever seen except on paper. Now we've got the cases built - they're lovely to look at - and they don't have lights.

Art in the dark. Perhaps an interesting approach for lasers or music, but less so for visual art. You need the light.

I have no idea why we don't have light, and frankly, the why doesn't interest me. I'm only interested in when we can correct this problem. I'm not a patient girl so it could be a long painful wait till we get to the part that interests me.

The only way I know to deal with chronic frustration like this is to change the subject. So. In other light-related news, I haven't seen the sun in something like 14 days. If you see it, please give my regards, and also, perhaps remind it how to get to New England.

No comments: