Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful

I know it’s a couple of days early but I decided it was time to whip up a nice timely list of things for which I am thankful. Just to get us all warmed up for turkey and family on Thursday.

- There are many things about my life that I would like to change and I am thankful that they are things that are within my power to change.

- I am thankful that unlike my 10 year old self, I have learned to like my brown eyes and am not wasting birthday wishes every year yearning for green or blue ones.

- Interviews. I am SO thankful for the imaginative opportunities provided by job interviews – and that I have some.

- Neefs. I do love my crowd of neefs – of course the Texas boys, but also the honorary neefs in various other states.

- Last one for now: I am thankful for long underwear. I couldn’t survive another Boston winter without it. There were snowflakes in the air this morning!

And what are you thankful for this year?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

L

(PS - Apologies. The link in the comments didn't come through. Here's the commercial for which I am actually grateful.

3 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm grateful for my 2-day workweek this week, and pie.

I love pumpkin pie.

LaLa said...

I totally support the 'Give Thanks for Pie' idea. Pie is good.

I also need to add something I'm embarrassed I left off of my original list. Lately I have been highly entertained by (and thankful for) this commercial: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2944907109199312021&q=canon+commercial+maria+sharipova+dog&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the cruise I went on in September! That was my first cruise and it was amazing.

I am thankful for my future and the destiny God has for my life.

I am thankful for smiles,hugs, laughter and people I love.

Thankful for blogs and the blog owners...I get to read all of your stuff! LOL!

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!