Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cue Music - and Buy Stock in Aquanet

Nah-nah-NAH, n-nah-nah-nah-NAH-NAH, nah, nah, NAAAAH, n-nah-NAAAAAH!

You musically gifted folks out there would have instantly recognized that as the theme song for ‘Dallas’.

Wait for it.

I’m moving to Dallas! Yay!! Wohoo!!

Yup, after more than 5 years in Boston I’m moving back to Texas to work for a museum in Dallas and to be nearer my Texas family. And to be warm for most of those months of the year when Boston becomes an igloo.

So I’m going to be mostly absent for a while but I’ll be back in full force in late July when I’ll have officially completed my relocation. I might have to check in with funny moving-related stories now and then but realistically I’ll probably be even more hit-or-miss with my writing than I have been so far this spring. This is a BIG move! A whole truckload of books to move, two very fat cats who loathe and despite wheeled OR winged transport, a car to shop for, an apartment to rent, lovely springtime Boston to farewell properly and sentimentally, all my Boston friends to tell and hug and start missing – this is a very busy time.

So keep singing, and if you have some big-hair tips, please send them my way. I’m out of practice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.M.G. I'm so excited! So excited!!! We're going to be in the same state again. It's been years. YEARS!

I see us at TAM. I see us hiding from the girl with blue eyeshadow. Oh, what fun!

Yea!

Whiskeymarie said...

Wow- what a huge move, but it sounds like the right thing to do.
Congrats on the new job & upcoming new home!

And, I recommend investing in hot rollers and aqua net. That should do the trick.

HolyMama! said...

I hear they can help you out with Big Hair at Southfork...



sooooo looking forward to you being here!

Anonymous said...

Yipee! We are so EXCITED! Dallas is a mere 3 hours from the cultural mecca of the state- Nacogdoches!